GREAT PLACE TO BE3 Cool, Unexpected Things I Did in my Internship’s First Two Weeks
- Voted on 2 investment decisions totaling over $200 million
- Learned basic and advanced negotiation techniques in a 2-day workshop given by a Harvard Business and Law School Professor
- Met 2-on-1 for an hour with the CEO of Youku, China’s YouTube
– Rachel Lurie ’18, Woodrow Wilson School
5 Awesome Experiences in my First Two Years
- Spent a day in Mumbai one-on-one with a top Indian public equity investor, meeting various company CEOs and discussing the economic effects of demonetization
- Had a dinner conversation with Evernote’s cofounder about the company’s path to success
- Organized and led a key segment of an $80 million decision meeting
- Worked with the founders of China’s premier travel website as they developed plans for a second startup
- Hung out with Michael Phelps
– Jacqueline Lis ’15, Senior Analyst, Major: Economics
2 Unique Externship Experiences
For those who succeed in our Analyst program, we offer a 10 week externship at one of our investment managers or portfolio companies. Click to see some examples of these experiences.
-Jacqueline Lis ’15
While I spend most of my time at PRINCO working in the Private Equity portfolio, I sought out a very different experience for my externship. I spent a month at a San Francisco based hedge fund in its public equity long/short group. It was an excellent opportunity to build investment acumen from a different perspective while deepening my understanding of business fundamentals. My externship was also a great way to see how another organization works and expand my professional network.
-John McNamara ’14
GREAT PLACE TO BE FROMHow PRINCO Launched my Career
- Princo is a place that conducts high quality, rigorous analysis. I learned how to take disparate data and parlay it into actionable, intelligent insights. I routinely draw on this underlying skill today.
- Right from my first week, Princo gave me exposure to high profile investment firms and companies. I quickly gained the confidence and ability to walk into a room and effectively engage with leading executives.
- Princo has an incredibly supportive culture and strong mentorship. Andy (Princo’s President) continues to be exceptionally helpful to me. I know when I need career advice I can pick up the phone and call him.
– Eric Glickman, Strategy Consultant at Monetate, Former Princo Senior Analyst (2010-2013), Swarthmore ’10, Major: Asian Studies
How PRINCO Shaped my Future
- From day one, Princo gives you a seat at the table in important investment decisions. You are expected to state your opinion and defend your conviction. Princo gave me a chance to develop my skills as a leader much earlier than at other organizations.
- When I later joined Goldman Sachs, having worked at Princo was a huge positive. I was able to hit the ground running given the analytical toolkit and wide range of other skills I developed at Princo.
- Princo fosters a real appreciation for the non-profit space at large and allows you to marry work with a greater goal and purpose, which is incredibly rewarding.
– Isabelle Gaffney ’11, Budget Manager at Metropolitan Opera, Former Princo Senior Analyst (2011-2014), Major: Linguistics