This is a unique opportunity for anyone in a graduate degree program looking to combine an interest in investing with a desire to support the greater good. As a Summer Associate, you will be actively involved in all aspects of the investment process and have broad exposure to a range of asset classes. You will engage in broad, abstract investment discussions, as well as dig deep into individual aspects of a manager’s investment strategy and organization. Previous interns have:
- Aided in the screening, selection, and monitoring of investment managers by designing and executing due diligence efforts and actively participating in manager meetings
- Modeled the impact of individual company financing rounds and exits on the overall portfolio returns for a venture capital manager
- Explored and evaluated the investment opportunity set in the Nordic region
- Travelled internationally to meet on-the-ground teams of foreign specialist managers
As a Summer Associate, you will be given meaningful responsibilities from the first day onward and learn both on the job and through extensive training sessions focused on various asset classes. Summer Associates are further supported by formal and informal mentoring.
Successful Summer Associates may be offered full-time positions upon graduation. Career growth potential is high, with Associate positions considered “senior staff track.”
The ideal candidate will have excellent quantitative, analytical, and communication skills, and possess a thorough knowledge of investment and portfolio management theory. Prior investing experience is not required. Candidates should enjoy and be able to work effectively as a team member, as well as independently.
We take an opportunistic approach to hiring Summer Associates. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and relevant transcripts (informal transcripts are permissible initially) to PrincoHR@princeton.edu. In the cover letter please answer the following two questions:
- Explain what you have done to learn more about Endowment investing and Princo.
- We are interested in learning what you expect to be doing professionally in the future, but also recognize that the future is uncertain. As such, please list the three most likely professional situations you would expect to find yourself in six years from now, and the probability associated with each scenario.
If you have any questions, please contact us at PrincoHR@princeton.edu.